Thursday, July 15, 2010

Six months...


Tomorrow Grace is six months old - I am posting early as it will be Friday, which is daycare and work day, and the evenings after a daycare day tend to be a little busy!
Rupert is away in Australia at the moment for a week. If ever I needed a reminder about what a great husband and father he is, this last couple of days have been that reminder. I really miss him. He does so much for us and when I am tired it's just nice having someone here to hand off to.
So...six months. It's really a milestone isn't it? And despite being a rather weary Mum today, I can honestly say the last six months have been the best of my life. She makes me laugh, she melts my heart with her smiles and cuddles, she amazes me with how much she is learning. I look forward to seeing her grow up, to become her own wee person. She will challenge and frustrate me in the future I am sure, but I wouldn't have it any other way!
I love seeing my parents with Grace - it's just so nice to see them enjoy her. And next weekend Rupert's parents are coming up from the South Island to meet her for the first time, so that will be really special too. And the special bond that Rupert and Grace have just makes me happy - I always knew that he would be a fantastic father, and to be able to finally give him that opportunity is something I will never take for granted.
As you can see from the photo Grace has discovered Katie! Much rolling and wriggling is done by Grace to get close enough to touch Katie - at which point Katie sighs, stands up, walks about a foot away, and lays down again. She might want to move further away when Grace starts crawling!
I've decided to keep this blog going until her first birthday - and then I am going to print it all off and bind it up for Grace to read when she is older. It will be my gift to her - to show her how much she was wanted, and now that she is here, how much she is loved. Happy six month birthday wee Gracie!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

She is so beautiful. I am so glad that all your dreams finally came true and that you have your little miracle :-)

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Life is beginning to look better for us ..I'll be updating my blog with the lates, over the weekend..

2:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

BTW ... I love your idea of printing off and binding your blog for Grace...what a wonderful gift for her..

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no no no not first birthday - at least fifth! I shall miss it to much! xxx CAT.

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged