Friday, January 29, 2010

Nearly two weeks old


It's hard to believe that Grace will be two weeks old tomorrow. She is doing beautifully and we have had mostly good nights - though last night she put on a feeding spurt that lasted from 10pm to 4am! It's strange how you can be so tired, yet still love her so absolutely!
The midwife visited yesterday and Grace has had her first weight gain - born at 3060grams, she dropped to 2980grams and then 2940grams, but is now 3100grams. I am so proud of our wee munchkin.
Gifts and cards continue to arrive, along with visitors - this wee girl is incredibly spoiled! And our lovely neighbours have brought us dinner a couple of times which has been so helpful with Rupert being back at work this week. Makes life a little easier though I am finding I am managing to get most things done during the day.
I can't really put into words just how much I love her. She looks at me with her blue eyes and I just melt - she has the funniest expressions, a very definate frown, followed by the cutest wind smile, then a quizzical "who or what are you" look. Life really is a wonderful thing right now.
It's interesting - on the 18th January 2009 I wrote a post officially closing this blog. A year later, almost to the day, we have Grace. I couldn't be happier to be wrong!

2 Comments:

Blogger Aasta said...

So happy you never truly closed your blog....love reading about your wonderful world, makes me smile. Missing the little Applin family already, even though I saw you today! xxx much love Ast & James

9:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think that your little Grace is a perfect example of why we should never give up hope. Your dream came true :-)

She is such a cutie...

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged