Sunday, January 10, 2010

38 Weeks...8.5 months

I understand now why whales beach themselves - they are just tired out!

38 weeks - so less than 2 weeks to go, and baby is still very active and am still getting a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions. At this stage, I go in on Thursday for a cervix check and depending on the results from that we talk about induction. I kinda hope I go naturally before then but she does seem fairly comfy in there!

Total weight gain still 5 kilos, so it's all in the bump.

So...tired, uncomfortable, but generally well and happy - I can't complain too much! Though she does have this new spot for thrusting her foot out - just under my ribcage on the side of my tummy. OUCH!

On Wednesday I had a scheduled check up - baby moved early in the morning and then I didn't feel anything for a couple of hours - even when I prodded her, or laid down and did deep breathing - so by the time I got to the obstetricians office I had worked myself into a minor panic. Ten minutes on the monitor followed by a scan eased my mind - she had just moved so her back was out and feet were in - so I wasn't feeling her. It was my first real panic meltdown of the pregnancy so while I felt like a bit of a dork, I was still really pleased the doctor took me seriously and made sure I was reassured.


Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Keeping The Faith said...

Look at you! A beautiful pregnant mama. It makes me a little teary eyed. We go way back on this journey. I couldn't be happier for you my dear friend!!! Welcome to the start of what will be the most miraculous years of your life...

5:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You look beautiful !!! Perhaps by now you are holding your little one in your arms. Wishing the best..

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged