Sunday, December 06, 2009

Where did my ankles go?

I had the first few days of swollen feet and ankles - most uncomfortable! It's been a busy couple of weeks - we had Rupert's work Xmas party, a visit to Christmas Wonderland with my work, month end at the office for me, a lot of disturbed nights, and just generally lots on (New Moon with Jo at Gold Class was a highlight!). It's also been quite humid and warm which doesn't help so much with either the swelling or the sleeping! Still, happy to have ticked off 33 weeks yesterday!

Gave myself a huge scare yesterday afternoon - slipped on the stairs and landed quite heavily on my butt - once I'd got my breath back I felt ok, but got into bed anyway. Was feeling quite shaky and then decided to get out of bed only to have this awful pain right down in my abdomen. Baby was kicking and I checked her heartbeat and it was all fine - but rang the obstetrician on call anyway and he thought it was just my ligaments being stretched from the sudden bump. An hour or two in bed with a hot wheat bag and I was fine, and feeling good today. And slept through last night for the first time in weeks, so that helps me feel a lot better!

Our flatmate, Murray, moved out yesterday. We're going to miss him, but at the same time as baby gets closer it will be good to have the extra room for visitors or for me to sleep in when I am unsettled, and a lot quieter for him with a baby crying all hours of the day and night. So I have been told anyway :-) He's been a huge help though, and is such a good mate, so he will be missed.

We covered breast feeding at ante natal class last week - really interesting, and I am definately hoping I am one of those who is able to breast feed easily. We shall see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged