Monday, December 14, 2009

What is to come...

I can't quite believe that in just a few short weeks this part of the journey will be over and we will be meeting our wee girl for the first time. I laid awake last night, feeling her wriggle and kick inside me, thinking about what it is going to be like meeting her, holding her, feeding her, dressing her.

I worry about being a good mother, about doing the right things for her. Having the patience to play her games over and over again. Having the stamina to keep up with her when she is toddling. About always having time to cuddle her and love her and let her know she is the most important part of our lives.

I think a lot about what I want for her, for her childhood. I want her to be secure, to be loved. I want her to have her fairyland where things are beautiful and sweet and happy for as long as possible. I want her to be my friend, as well as my daughter. I want her and her father to have a bond that goes beyond him being just Daddy, to him being the man she most looks up to and admires. I hope that she will come to us with any problems or concerns. I hope that she is happy and fulfilled and finds her way in life easily. I want to protect her from pain, though I know that's not always possible. I want her to be her own person - to be strong and confident and able to make those tough decisions that face us all in our teens.

I love her already. And if love is enough, then we will be just fine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hart World said...

Just clicked "Next blog" by mistake and it took me to yours, Hope you dnt mind but spent a little time reading your entries. Good luck for your new addition, Stef xxxxxxxxx

12:36 AM  
Blogger Soralis said...

Wishing you all the best! So glad that you are well on your way!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged