Wednesday, November 04, 2009

First class...

Before I talk about the first class - my gestational diabetes test was fine - so no worries there! And (fingers crossed) my rash seems to be fading a little...

So, I'm blonde right? And pregnant? And yes, I turned up to the Tuesday night class - instead of the Thursday night one I was supposed to attend. They swapped me over, so no problem and I'd rather go on Tuesday anyway as Thursday is deep aqua class.

It was kinda fun - a few "getting to know you" games, met some other folks from around where I live. I think I am the oldest there - and the only one without a partner. Rupes will be home for the next one at least! And then we dived straight in to talk about what happens if baby arrives when you are alone, or just alone with your partner. Once they had freaked us all out, we talked about pelvic rocking and optimal positions to sit so baby gets into the right position around 36 weeks. Interesting stuff, and I learnt a few things I didn't know, so I think the class will be worthwhile.

It was fun checking out the various baby bumps too - we are all due in January or February, and some ladies looked HUGE while others barely looked pregnant. All shapes and sizes, so it was fun to see 15 or so pregnant women in the same room.

The rest of the week is going to be busy - movie night tonight with one of our offices, then aqua tomorrow night, then a pot luck dinner with friends on Friday night. I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend before Rupert gets home on Monday! Muzz did great at the New York Marathon and finished in just over 4 hours 30 minutes so that was very cool, so he is now being tourist in NY and then heading to Washington.

That's about it for me - I have some appointments to book for next week - 30 week scan and back to the naturopath for my last trimester's herbal supplements. Our wee girl seems to be doing well from the kicking and the heartbeat monitor but it's always reassuring to see her on a scan, so that's something to look forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged